History of South Strabane Township

Strabane Township was originally established on March 28, 1781, the 12th of 13 original Townships in Washington County. The name comes from a town in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland and was chosen to honor those of Irish descent who originally settled here.

In 1831, Strabane Township was divided into two Townships, North Strabane Township and South Strabane Township.
 

Township of the Second Class

Population:

 9346 (2010 Census)

Area:

 23 Square Miles

Miles of Road:

 54 miles (Township)
 35 miles (State)

2017 Assessed Valuation:

 $1,285,401,340

2017 Budget:

 $5.5 million

2017 Tax Rates

Property Tax:

 .749 mills

Earned Income:

 1/2%

Per Capita Tax:

 $5.00

Local Services Tax:

 $47.00

Real Estate Transfer Tax:

 1/2%

Mercantile Tax   Wholesale:
Retail: 

 1/2 mill
 3/4 mill

2017 BUDGET
Click here to view


iconmask1
sstwpa293x50

‘A Good Neighbor Community Since 1831’

General Information

email11a

Copyright 2014© by Township of South Strabane All Rights Reserved                                                                                                                           Designed & Hosted By CAM CO Enterprises, Inc.

  550 Washington Road, Washington, PA  15301     Ph. (724) 225-9055  Fax (724) 225-2035